A treadmill desk is ideal for people who care about their fitness but work office jobs. They are also great for creative people who live an otherwise sedentary lifestyle. Treadmill desks let a person walk while they work at a desk, so that they can get their workout in for the day. This top treadmill desks review will look at the best treadmill desks on the market today. We’ll also examine the usage and effects of treadmill desks in general.
Treadmill Desks Overview
Treadmill desks are great for people who need to work out more but cannot find the time. Instead of sitting at your desk all day while working, you can work and walk at the same time. Treadmill desks do not have to be attached to the desk. More often than not, these treadmills feature an ultra slow walking speed. This is so that walking while typing is not an uncomfortable thing to do.
Benefits of a treadmill desk are numerous. Those who never get up from their desks risk a number of health problems. A sedentary lifestyle can cause obesity, back strain, and other health issues. By using these desks, those who are otherwise sitting all day can avoid these problems. A treadmill desk can also make them more productive, since walking helps stimulate mental energy and creativity.
In the following section of the article, we will look at five of the best treadmill desks on the market today. When choosing the products, we took the following elements into consideration: user ratings, price, features, brand.
5. Goplus Electric Treadmill Desk Standing/Walking Machine
If you’re looking for an easy way to increase your health, but you’re not ready to invest a lot in a fitness equipment, the Goplus Electric Treadmill Desk is a practical and cost-effective solution.
It comes with a large and height adjustable desk area of 31.5’’x 23.5’’, which is capable of accommodating your laptop, as well as a few office accessories. The treadmill also has an LED display screen, that helps you keep track of your performance, by indicating time, speed, calories, as well as the total distance.
- Adjustable height tabletop
- LED display screen
- Solid construction
- Not very easy to assemble
4. TrekDesk Treadmill Desk
Next on our list of best treadmill desks, we have this option from TrekDesk. If you’re looking to incorporate a low-intensity workout into your schedule without interrupting your professional activity, this treadmill desk is a great and affordable option. It comes with a height adjustable desk, two cup holders, a manuscript stand, and a four-level file tray. If you don’t have enough space in your room, the treadmill can be easily folded for easy storage.
- Adjustable height
- Generous workspace
- Not very stable
- Not very easy to install
3. Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit High Capacity Desk Station Treadmill
Note: The Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit High is currently unavailable. Until it gets back in stock, check out the available options further down on our list of best treadmill desks.
This treadmill desk from Exerpeutic has a desktop size of 48’’x24’’ and is built on a heavy-duty reinforced frame. This product stands out for two main reasons:
- The desk surface is large enough to fit a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse, a phone, as well as several other accessories
- The safety handles are twice as long as the ones of a regular treadmill, which will make you feel more at ease about how you’re stepping when you’re focused on your computer.
However, some users have complained that the treadmill should have been positioned under the desktop, so that the feet don’t end up kicking the cover while walking.
- Easy to assemble
- The desk is too high and not adjustable
- A bit loud
2. NordicTrack Desk Treadmill
Moving further down on our list of best treadmill desks, here’s another highly-rated choice. NordicTrack’s treadmill desk has received quite a number of positive reviews from users, attesting its high-functionality and longevity. The manufacturing company has been on the market since 1975, so you can trust that there’s a great deal of experience behind their products and technology.
Aside from its generous work surface, the product also comes with a USB charging station, a heart rate monitor, and it is also iFit Smart enabled.
- Large work surface (18”x 40”)
- iFit Smart enabled
- USB charging station
- The machine is quite heavy, so you will require a bit of help assembling it
1. LifeSpan TR1200-DT5 Treadmill Desk
Even though the price of this product is higher than average, it is definitely worth every buck which is why it’s made its way on our list of best treadmill desks. LifeSpan has been designing top of the line fitness products for over 15 years and this treadmill desk is a proof of their commitment to innovation and durability.
LifeSpan TR1200-DT5 treadmill desk has a stable desktop surface area of 38’’ x 29’’, which ensures a vast working area, that is able to accommodate an average-sized laptop, as well as your standard office supplies.
This treadmill desk also benefits from Bluetooth technology, allowing you to track your workout progress on your phone, making it easier to achieve your goals and keep your motivation going.
- Easy to assemble
- Solid desk
- Bluetooth technology incorporated
- Wide desktop surface area
- The motor makes a bit of a noise when used at high speeds
How to Use Treadmill Desks
Anyone who needs to get up and moving at their office job can benefit from a treadmill desk. If you are stuck sitting down all day, these desks are definitely worth looking into. That said, if you are making a marked lifestyle change from sedentary to active, you will want to take it slow. You may also want to talk to a doctor to get any recommendations regarding how to use your new treadmill. This will help avoid overexertion and exhaustion while you are trying to get work done.
Training Plan Tips
In order for you to make the most of your new treadmill desk, check out the tips below.
- Don’t overdo it. Just like you would not want to walk for 8 to 10 hours straight, you do not want to do this on a treadmill desk either. Try and moderate how much walking you do every day. This is especially true if you do not live an active life at all and are sedentary. You do not want to risk overexerting yourself or pulling something. You also do not want to tire yourself and be unable to function properly at work.
- Keep a desk chair nearby. Because you are likely to get tired walking all day, it is a good idea to get an adjustable desk and a chair. Keep the chair nearby so that you can sit down and take a break when you need to.
- Eat well. You will need to be able to eat enough to accommodate your new lifestyle. This means eating enough calories to keep you satisfied. You do not need to overeat; just eat enough food to be able to still burn more calories than you are consuming. That is if you want to lose weight. If you do not want to lose weight but maintain it, eat the same amount of calories but still eat healthily.
Treadmill Desk Benefits
The effects of a treadmill desk are numerous. You can enjoy a healthier lifestyle as you will not be sitting all day long at your desk. The best treadmill desks are also ergonomic; this helps you keep your neck, back, and wrists from getting strained. This is especially useful for people who have carpal tunnel.
Your posture can improve as a result of using a treadmill desk, as well as your circulation. When you get up and move, your blood gets moving too. This helps you become more mentally productive as well.
You may also experience weight loss from burning more calories than you normally would. Overall, you will feel more energetic when using a treadmill desk.
A treadmill desk is a desk that is adjustable and features a treadmill underneath. It allows you to get up and walk, as well as get healthier while working. Our top treadmill desks review should help you choose the perfect treadmill desk for you.
Have you ever used one of these best treadmill desks before? We want to hear about it in the comments section below.