The Piyo Workout is an eight-week long training program designed to be completed at home. It can be done without any weights or unnecessary strain on the body. Instead, it uses yoga moves that have been fused with Pilates. In this article, we provide a Piyo Workout review that focuses on the main aspects of this program, such as what it promises, how you can complete it, and what are the effects you should expect.
Piyo Workout Overview
The Piyo Workout is a fusion of yoga and Pilates. It is gentler on the body than many other exercise programs because it does not involve any weights, jumps, or painful maneuvers. This makes it great for anyone who has mobility or joint issues.
- Helen Vanderburg
- Human Kinetics, Inc.
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 1 (04/22/2016)
So, how long are Piyo workouts? They range from 25 to 45 minutes but the majority are about 30 minutes long. These workouts are scheduled 6 days a week. You’ll find this information in the Piyo workout schedule.
It also includes a diet plan that can help you make the most of your results. The diet is designed for you to choose between different servings in each category of the diet based on your caloric needs.
At the end of the day, the Piyo Workout is designed to help you increase your stability, strength, and flexibility, as well as lose unwanted fat. The diet portion of this program has as an end goal teaching you how to appreciate whole foods over sugary ones. This Piyo workout review will focus on the products and general rules of the Pyio diet.
Piyo Workout Products
In this section, we will look at the products that the Piyo Workout program offers. This program features both a DVD package and a brand specific “strength slide.”
- Save $12.95 for a Limited Time Only!
- PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga.
- PiYo cranks up the speed to deliver a true fat-burning, low-impact workout that leaves your body looking long, lean, and incredibly defined.
- 8 easy-to-follow workouts on 3 DVDs, Quick Start guide, Workout Calendar
- Get Lean Eating Plan, Buns Bonus Workout DVD
- Piyo workout videos. The Piyo workout videos come in two different phases: the Deluxe and Standard DVD packages. The standard package features eight different workouts. The deluxe version comes with those eight videos plus two additional workouts that use strength slides and include:
- Define upper body.
- Define lower body.
- Strength intervals.
- Piyo strength slide. The strength slide that comes with the Deluxe package is a plastic disc used to increase the intensity of each workout. You can put your hand or foot on the disc to work out your body. You can use it on any floor, carpet, or hardwood to perform slides and strengthen your whole body.
- Piyo diet. The diet consists of five different food categories. You can choose the food based on your current fitness levels and your calorie needs. Food groups include:
- primary vegetables;
- grains and secondary vegetables;
- lean protein;
- fresh fruit;
- healthy fats.
All of these products are meant to work together. By using the plan as a whole, you can better your chances of success; this is the most important aspect you should remember from this Piyo workout review.
- 71" long 24" wide ensures comfort for people of all shapes and sizes. With high density foam material, the 1/2'' thick premium mat comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees and elbows on hard floors
- With double sided non-slip surfaces, BalanceFrom All-Purpose Premium exercise yoga mat comes with an excellent slip resistant advantage to prevent injuries
- Exceptional resilience allow you to keep your balance during any exercise style. moisture resistant technology makes the mat to be easily washed with soap and water
- Easy strapping and light weight feature are added to this mat for easy transport and storage. BalanceFrom All-Purpose Premium exercise yoga mat is manufactured and sold exclusively by BalanceFrom Amazon store
- A FREE yoga mat strap is included. All genuine BalanceFrom Products are covered by a 100% BalanceFrom Satisfaction Guarantee and 2-year BalanceFrom warranty. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority
How to Use the Piyo Diet & Workout Plan
The Piyo Workout is great for anyone who wants to increase their fitness levels. Because of the different modifiers on the videos, you can start small and work your way up. The program is intended for most people thanks to its low-impact exercises; these do not put too much strain on the body or cause pain.
Using the Piyo Workout is simple. The plan consists of an exercise program, a meal plan, and schedules to follow. The schedules tie into the exercises, as they are planned out for you to follow.
Following the plan will help make the most of your workouts. You can find the workouts on the videos that come with the package. They include everything from upper and lower body to sculpting and more.
In order to complete the workout, you also have to eat according to their diet plan. This is a simple thing for most people because the food can be chosen depending on your needs. The food groups are broken down into five categories for you to choose from.
- Georgie Fear
- Page Street Publishing
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 1 (04/07/2015)
Eating / Training Plan Tips
The Piyo Workout should be practiced as a whole. There are three things to take into consideration with this program. Here are some useful tips for each of them.
- Figure out your caloric needs for the nutrition plan. The meal plan comes with five different food groups. You have to figure out how many calories you need in order to determine what to eat from each group. Luckily, you can calculate this using the calculator that they provide you with and make sure you eat the proper amount of calories. You want to be eating fewer calories than you are burning during exercise.
- Follow along with the right fitness levels on the videos. In each workout video, you will notice three people working out. Each one is a different fitness level. Find the one whose fitness level fits you best. Then, do the same exercises and poses that they are doing.
- Stick to the schedule. There is a workout schedule that shows you what to do every day. Do the exercises as directed. This will give you the best results. The weeks are planned out in such a way to give you a full body exercise.
- Chloé Chanel
- Wiedemann Publishers
- Kindle Edition
Piyo Workout Effects
This Piyo workout review wouldn’t be complete without also discussing whether it works or not. If you stick to the plan of the Piyo Workout, your results will be noticeable after only 60 days. The most notable result of this workout is the weight loss. This is due to the healthy, lower-calorie diet that you will be eating.
Since you can focus on working out different parts of your body on different days of the week, you can shed weight like this as well. This will also help you in the process of toning your body and defining your muscles.
The Downsides of the Piyo Diet and Workout
While we think the Piyo diet and workout can definitely help most people achieve their ideal weight and tone their bodies, there are a few cons you also need to know about:
- Some of the exercises may feel a bit too short. The most time-consuming workout is 45 minutes.
- If you want to work more of your upper body, you won’t find that many exercises. It may also feel like one part of your body gets more work than the other.
- May cause burnout a lot faster than anticipated.
- There’s also a fast transition between exercises which can make things difficult.
- You may be left feeling hungry as you won’t be eating that many daily calories.
Note: If you are looking for an effective diet but want one that works faster, check out our review of the Beachbody 21-day fix program. The name is pretty self-explanatory and it also works great for beginners!
The Piyo Workout is a blend of yoga and Pilates that incorporates both an exercise plan and a diet plan to make the most of every day of the program. The exercise plan includes a schedule and workout videos. The Piyo Workout review we have provided should help you decide if the program is right for you. Do you have any experience with the Piyo Workout? Tell us all about it in the comments section below!