A https://draxe.com/hub/keto–diet/” rel=”nofollow”>https://draxe.com/hub/keto–diet/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>ketogenic diet is a popular approach to eating food that focuses primarily on eating healthy fats and avoiding carbohydrates.
Over time, as this approach is followed, the body switches to burning fat as its main fuel source instead of the glucose from carbohydrates.
Many adherents of this diet claim that fat is a higher-quality source of energy than glucose, as long as certain types of fat are sought. Specifically, people on the ketogenic diet source their fats from grass-fed beef, organic poultry and dairy, wild-caught seafood, cage-free eggs, and cold-pressed oils like coconut oil and olive oil. Additionally, avocados, nuts, and seeds are sometimes used.
In this article, we offer three types of keto recipes geared towards people just starting the ketogenic diet. In particular, we offer keto dessert recipes, keto dinner recipes, and easy keto recipes if you are ever in a rush.
Easy Keto Recipes
The 3 recipes listed here are notable for their convenience, ease of preparation, and of course, for emphasizing healthy fats.
Hard-Boiled Eggs with Coconut Oil
This keto recipe is easy because it has only two ingredients, namely hard-boiled eggs and coconut oil. We usually make about 2 dozen hard-boiled eggs at the beginning of the week. Then, for breakfast each day, we take out several and dip them in coconut oil.
Sometimes, if we are feeling experimental, we’ll squeeze a lemon or lime on top and add a pinch of salt, or a scoop of kimchi.
Even though the ketogenic diet excludes carbs, that doesn’t mean that you can never have carbs ever again. It just means that when you do, you should have them in extreme moderation, and always paired with copious fats.
Smoked Salmon Wraps
This easy keto recipe is also https://protectyourhealth.co/your–next–keto–the–mediterranean–diet–plan/” rel=”nofollow”>https://protectyourhealth.co/your–next–keto–the–mediterranean–diet–plan/“>a good breakfast option and features only 5 ingredients, namely smoked salmon, avocado, romaine lettuce, capers, and artichokes.
We wash several large leaves of romaine and then spread some mashed avocado on each leaf. Finally, we add the smoked salmon and top off each wrap with capers and artichokes.
While you can certainly be extravagant and prepare a nut-based hummus ahead of time, we think this is unnecessary, as this keto recipe is so easy that it can be prepared on the fly.
Specifically, we take 2 tablespoons of tahini and add a tablespoon of sesame oil and a tablespoon of olive oil. Finally, we add the juice from half a lemon and a touch of salt, and then we stir the mixture with a spoon.
To enjoy this dip, we add it to celery and cucumber slices.
Keto Dinner Recipes
The keto dinner recipes on this list are slightly more extravagant and require some preparation.
Bison Burger with Brie
We usually start preparing this meal earlier in the week by baking our own bread using coconut flour and flaxseed flour as substitutes for the traditional grain-based flours. We also use several eggs.
Once we have bread that is keto-friendly, we love to buy ground bison and make a burger patty. On one grill, we cook the burger, and on another, we sauté mushrooms, asparagus, and fennel in some crushed garlic and coconut oil.
Once our burger is done the cooking, we turn down the heat and spread some brie on one end of the burger, letting the cheese melt for several minutes.
Finally, we toast our keto-friendly bread and add the veggies and brie-covered burger. Sometimes we make https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/176957/baked–kale–chips/” rel=”nofollow”>https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/176957/baked–kale–chips/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>kale chips on the side.
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
We love this keto recipe when we are craving pasta. However, just because grains are excluded from the keto diet, it does not mean we can’t imitate noodles.
First, we use a https://www.amazon.com/Spiralizer–Vegetable–Strongest–Heaviest–Gluten–Free/dp/B00GRIR87M” rel=”nofollow”>https://www.amazon.com/Spiralizer–Vegetable–Strongest–Heaviest–Gluten–Free/dp/B00GRIR87M” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>spiralizer and make noodles out of several zucchini squashes. Next, we make our sauce. For the sauce, we throw the following in a blender:
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- a tablespoon of ghee oil
- a tablespoon of flaxseed oil
- the juice from a lemon
- a clove of garlic
- a teaspoon of VigLink” href=”http://i.viglink.com/?key=546d23715fc4b16e2e6d9225f80bdd41&insertId=22b6dc9176b0a62c&type=L&exp=-1%3Ana%3A0&libId=jpdue9pp0102pa5w000DAlldncz5w&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fprotectyourhealth.co%2Forienting–some–keto–recipes–for–beginners%2F%3Ftve%3Dtrue%26tcbf%3De65f40642d&v=1&iid=22b6dc9176b0a62c&out=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.iherb.com%2F&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fprotectyourhealth.co%2Fwp–admin%2Fpost.php%3Fpost%3D487%26action%3Darchitect%26tve%3Dtrue&title=Orienting%20Some%20Keto%20Recipes%20for%20Beginners%20-%20Protect%20Your%20Health&txt=%3Cspan%3Eturmeric%3C%2Fspan%3E” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener”>turmeric powder
- a teaspoon of cumin powder
- a teaspoon of onion powder
Then we pour our sauce over the zucchini noodles and add some fresh cilantro or dill.
- Amy Ramos, Rockridge Press
- Rockridge Press
- Kindle Edition
Keto Dessert Recipes
We love this keto dessert recipe because it is so adaptable and decadent. Whenever we are craving an indulgent treat, we make some iteration of this.
Coconut Chocolate Balls
We add the following to a blender:
- 1/2 cup of cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of https://www.amazon.com/Eden–Foods–Selected–Plum–Vinegar/dp/B0033LAS2I/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1526686141&sr=8–2&keywords=ume+plum+vinegar+organic” rel=”nofollow”>https://www.amazon.com/Eden–Foods–Selected–Plum–Vinegar/dp/B0033LAS2I/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1526686141&amp;sr=8–2&amp;keywords=ume+plum+vinegar+organic” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>ume plum vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of https://www.amazon.com/Miko–Brand–35–2oz–Miyasaka–Brewery/dp/B00I33D544” rel=”nofollow”>https://www.amazon.com/Miko–Brand–35–2oz–Miyasaka–Brewery/dp/B00I33D544” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>miso paste
- The juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup of cashew milk
- Carolyn Ketchum
- Publisher: Victory Belt Publishing
- Paperback: 192 pages
- QUALITY ABOVE ALL - STRONGER THAN EVER - Spiralizer is the Brand people have come to trust and rely on. Our New 3rd Generation model is 30-35% stronger than any of the others on the market GUARANTEED! Our 420 high carbon cutlery grade stainless steel blades and stronger ultra reinforced BPA free ABS make it possible to spiralize harder root vegetables like sweet potatoes and turnips that previously broke spiralizer handles
- NEVER GET BORED ON A KETO/LOW CARB, PALEO, RAW, VEGAN, OR GLUTEN-FREE DIET AGAIN - Start Making Healthy Gourmet Meals As Soon As You Get It - You'll get an excellent recipe e-book filled with nutritious, mouth-watering meal ideas the whole family will love!
- RAVING FANS! - Our product has been seen on bethenny, Ellen, The Doctors, the Food Network, national newspapers and magazines throughout the country and if that's not enough, read the thousands of reviews left by amazing Amazon customers.
- WHY DO I NEED THIS? - Enjoy your meals even if you are on a diet (raw, vegan, low carb, gluten-free, no wheat, Paleo). Replace high carb pasta with veggie pasta. A Perfect Gift for All Occasions: What is better than the gift of health?
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT - You are covered by Spiralizer's lifetime no-hassle replacement policy.
Once we’ve blended these ingredients into a doughy consistency, we form the mixture into small balls, put them in the freezer, and let them solidify for an hour.
Then we take 5 or 6 of these balls and arrange them on a plate with whole-milk yogurt. If we are feeling fancy, sometimes we add a light drizzle of maple syrup.