Wellness consultant and professional nutritionist Haylie Pomroy wrote a book about her Fast Metabolism diet techniques in 2013. This diet deviates from some of the standard plans with which you may be familiar already.
You’ll find several Fast Metabolism diet reviews out there, but our review aims to provide you with a comprehensive look at just what the diet is, what products are available for it, and how you can use the diet to your advantage. We will also talk about some tips we’ve learned that may help you as you go through the process and review the positive effects of this diet.
Fast Metabolism Diet Overview
This section of our Fast Metabolism diet review will cover topics such as who can benefit from it, what those benefits might be, and the basics of how to use the diet.
This diet may be a good choice for anyone who would like to lose weight but has trouble doing so using other diet plans. If traditional diets that use “calorie confusion” are not working well for you, you may find greater success with the Fast Metabolism diet. This plan substitutes that calorie confusion for “nutrient confusion” instead.
How Do You Use the Diet?
The Fast Metabolism diet helps you burn fat and control your weight loss by keeping your body guessing. The diet cycles through its three phases quickly and includes different amounts of nutrient groups in each phase. You should combine these weekly phases with an exercise plan to keep your weight loss steady.
What Are the Benefits of the Fast Metabolism Diet?
Many users of the Fast Metabolism diet claim that it works well for them. They state that the primary benefit is slow yet consistent weight loss thanks to their bodies burning stores of fat.
Fast Metabolism Diet Products
The primary products you will find for use with the Fast Metabolism diet are books. Since the bulk of the Fast Metabolism diet consists of phases with different portion requirements, the books may help you understand how to use each phase effectively. Some of the books you can buy include a range of recipes you can use to keep your meal plans varied while maintaining the nutrient amounts that the diet recommends for your food choices.
- The Fast Metabolism Diet Book. This is the original book by Haylie Pomroy, the creator of the diet. It includes information on how she worked out the details of the diet and put it together. You may wish to use this book to find information on how the diet works and the details of each phase in the plan.
- The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook. The creator of the Fast Metabolism diet wrote this cookbook. It is an excellent resource for dieters who might not know how to make meals that adhere to the requirements of plan. The recipes are divided according to the phases of the diet, and each one uses only the ingredients that work the phases. You can take the guesswork out of meal preparations with this cookbook.
- The Fast Metabolism Diet Paperback. This is the paperback version of Pomroy’s original book. You may wish to have a lighter, more travel-friendly version of the guide.
How to Use the Fast Metabolism Diet
The Fast Metabolism diet has three phases. While this feature is similar to some other diets on the market, the phases of the Fast Metabolism diet are not linear. This diet uses cyclical phases that repeat themselves every week.
This phase lasts for the first couple of days. It is high in carbohydrates with a decent amount of protein and a low amount of fat. The initial phase should help your body unwind and get ready for the main parts of the diet.
This phase begins on days three and four of the Fast Metabolism diet. Your meals during this phase should be high in both vegetables and protein while being low in fats and carbohydrates. This “unlocking” phase helps your body use the fat instead of storing it.
This “unleashing” phase takes place during days five through seven of the plan. You’ll start taking in more “healthy” fats and a moderate amount of carbohydrates mixed with some protein. We recommend that you add some fruit during this period. Your body should continue to burn its fat stores and the “good” fats you are adding to it.
Fast Metabolism Diet Planning Tips
While most Fast Metabolism diet reviews will tell you only the basic facts and effects of the plan, we want to provide you with some tips that could help you make the most of the diet. You can use this section to pick up details that might help you refine and modify your dieting plan to meet your needs.
- Phase Tips. You’ll need to conduct the phases of the Fast Metabolism diet at particular times to make the most from the plan. We recommend that you set up the third phase of the diet on the weekends. You can use the third phase to add a greater variety of foods than the diet allows in the prior two phases. Monday is perhaps the ideal starting day for the first phase.
- Nutrient Tips. The Fast Metabolism diet relies on what the experts call “nutrient confusion” rather than the standard calorie confusion. This feature uses different amounts of nutrients on different days to keep the body guessing and burning the fat.
- Portion Tips. Your portion sizes will depend on how many pounds you would like to lose. Although it may seem counter-intuitive, the Fast Metabolism diet uses larger portions for losing more weight. These portion sizes will shrink as you work your way through the various phases of the diet. You will cycle through four weeks of three phases each week if you choose the basic plan.
Fast Metabolism Diet Effects
Many people that have been on the diet for several weeks or months can cite consistent weight loss as its primary effect. The weight loss you experience may not be quick or dramatic, but it should happen as long as you stick to a fitness routine and exercise portion control during meals. The weight loss may lead to higher stamina or energy levels as well. Some users have managed to eliminate cravings for things like sugar by using this diet.
We hope you’ve enjoyed one of the most comprehensive Fast Metabolism diet reviews available. Our goal is to help you understand what the diet is and how it might differ from many other diets that share some similar features or steps. You may wish to use this information to help you decide if the diet is right for you.
We invite you to share your thoughts on this and other Fast Metabolism diet reviews with us in the comments section below.