The Bowflex Xtreme SE is a home training machine designed to put you to the test and provides a similar experience to lifting free weights. In this Bowflex Xtreme SE review, we will take a look at the performance and features of this unit in an objective way.
Bowflex Xtreme SE Overview
The entire purpose of the Bowflex Xtreme SE equipment is to help you tone your body. Losing weight will also likely happen. It is intended for those who would like to get toned and fit. The Bowflex Xtreme SE is better suited for those of both intermediate and advanced fitness levels.
This product has been designed to emulate the way it feels to lift free weights. It uses a bow-like system that provides plenty of resistance. This resistance comes standard at 210 pounds. That said, you can also upgrade it if you want. This delivers results that one might expect from lifting free weights at the gym, but you can do it from the comfort of your own home.
This product is also exceptionally small for what it can do and takes up little space in your home. Because of that, it makes a great addition to any home gym.
Bowflex Xtreme SE Specifications
With the Bowflex Xtreme SE, you get a single unit. The unit is designed to help you tone your body and gain muscle all at once. As a result, there are plenty of different parts of the unit that let you exercise different parts of your body. In a way, it can function as a number of different accessories, all packed into one machine.
- Squat apparatus. For those who are more concerned with toning their legs and glutes, this part of the Bowflex Xtreme SE is great. That’s because it allows you to perform squats. It gives you the feeling that you are performing these squats using free weights.
- Bench and shoulder press. This portion is great if you are more concerned with your arms when it is not a time for leg day. It functions as if you were at the gym lifting free weights and bench pressing.
- Pulldowns. The pull-down portion also helps tone your body.
- Calf raises. Tone your calves with the section that is designed specifically for this part of your body!
There are numerous ways in which you can use the Bowflex Xtreme SE. Each of them is able to help you get the desired body in no time at all.
How to Use Bowflex Xtreme SE
The Bowflex Xtreme SE is better used by people who are of intermediate or advanced fitness levels. This is because some of the workouts that are performed on this machine can be quite intense. Intermediate and advanced people may also be able to enjoy the higher levels of weight resistance. However, beginners can work their way up to using the heavy duty Bowflex Xtreme SE.
To use the product, simply determine which part of your body you want to work on that day. The Bowflex Xtreme SE allows you to take on a number of different problem areas. After you have selected your resistance, just use the different exercising parts that come with it. They are simple to use.
If you are having any trouble with the Bowflex Xtreme SE, you can refer to the manual or go online. Online, you will learn different techniques, as well as have the ability to watch workout videos. These videos can demonstrate how you need to be using the machine.
Training Plan Tips
- Use the lat tower. This tower has an angled bar that allows you to do a number of different exercises to shape both your shoulders and your back. It is simple to move from both of these parts of your body, so it is recommended that you take advantage of this feature.
- Use the squat station. The machine includes a lower pulley system and a squat station. You can use this to make sure that your legs and glutes look the way you want them to look. There are leg extension exercises that are perfect for developing this part of your body.
- Read the guidebook. The machine comes with a guidebook that will show you everything you need to know about how to use it. It offers more than 70 different exercises to try out. Thanks to this book, you can get all of the efficiency of a commercial gym from the privacy of your own home.
- Get the Curl Attachment. If you choose to get this attachment, you can enjoy the ability to work more thoroughly on your biceps. It puts emphasis on exercises for the biceps so that you can perfect your form.
- Make sure that you are eating the right food. If you want to gain muscle and lose weight, a healthy diet is going to be the cornerstone of that endeavor.
Bowflex Xtreme SE Effects
The Bowflex Xtreme SE provides a number of different benefits for the entire body. You can target different areas of the body on a different day or on the same day. Regardless, with proper form and proper rest periods, you can transform your body. Follow the instructions for exercises and see a remarkable change in your arms, legs, shoulders, back, and more.
By using the Bowflex Xtreme SE, you may also get healthier exercise habits. Once you get into the routine of using this product, you will form habits and keep them up.
Drawbacks of the Bowflex Xtreme SE
No review would be complete without also discussing a few things you may view as drawbacks:
- Time-consuming assembly. The Bowflex Xtreme SE comes with about 50 pages of instructions. The machine has up to 100 which you will need to assemble and you’ll need multiple hex wrenches and a screwdriver.
- Not a lot of standard resistance. The machine supports 210 lbs. of standard resistance which is way less than the 400 lbs. that many other machines of its kind offer.
- Pricey. If you’re looking for an affordable machine, this is not exactly the ideal choice.
The Bowflex Xtreme SE allows helps you get your body toned and in shape in no time at all. It focuses on several different parts of the body, so you can choose which aspect you want to target. Hopefully, this Bowflex Xtreme SE has helped you decide if this machine is right for you.
Have you used one before? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below.